THE POWER OF TWO -> Forgotten Life (open)  

Add Reply
New Poll

Forgotten Life (open), Tag for anyone!
coleridge bruce turner
 Posted: May 5 2017, 02:00 AM
8 posts
N/A years old
N/A
© Weaver
N/A

Sipping the too hot coffee Cole Turner replaced it on the table in front of him as he gazed out at the busy street. He watched a couple meeting at a coffee place across the square with barely hidden envy. He didn't know why people going about their lives normally often made him envious, but he had discovered it seemed to centre mainly around couples who looked happy.

He didn't know much of who he had been before, what his life was. Amnesia was funny like that sometimes. It may come back a little at a time, it may never come back. His doctors were useless. Oh, he remembered some things, a face, every law book ever written, how to drive a car. Some things, but who he had been before now, what had happened that had left him naked and unconscious at the front door of an emergency department.

None of that could he find in his memory banks. No one he had met so far seemed to know him. He had discovered he was a Lawyer almost by luck, at least that meant he had a trade, he had managed to find work for a small firm, but none of his searches had found his identity, Cole Turner was a ghost.

A voice calls out. Cole turned his head to see who it was calling his name, his expression stern and unchanged.
PM
^
christopher perry halliwell
 Posted: May 20 2017, 04:36 PM
15 posts
27 years old
N/A
© Skid
N/A

Chris was out and about, running errands, some witchy and some totally normal. It was hard sometimes to remember not everyone lived a magical life - he certainly always had - but it was even harder to deal with the fact that sometimes magic had a way of making you wish you didn't have it.

That was were he was these days. Magic had been a blessing, many times, but it had recently been so much of a curse. The source had switched hands so many times it would be nice to have a bit of an edge on evil for once. An understanding of how and why evil acted the way that it does. If they had an inside man they could trust or...it wasn't really worth thinking about.

He sighed, he was becoming his aunts, with their constant worries about magic or non-magic life, or worse - he was becoming his mother.

Chris walked through the market in chinatown. He found the few things that they were running low on and paid for them. He had another stop to a local health food store to pick up some loose herbs as well but that would come later, after coffee.

As he rounded the corner and went through a small alleyway he could see the amount of bodies multiply. The square he was heading to was full of sunlight and there was the best coffee shop in town just across the street.

He pushed through the crowds of people and swerved around couples gazing at each other in adoration. There was a little twinge of envy at that last one, his last relationship ended rather quickly and he missed that kind of contact. When he reached the shop he took a moment to breathe and saw a face that had haunted his family for years and still stared out at him if he cared to go through some of his aunt Phoebe's old photo albums.

"Cole? Cole Turner?"
PMEmail
^
coleridge bruce turner
 Posted: May 21 2017, 01:11 AM
8 posts
N/A years old
N/A
© Weaver
N/A

Cole turned his head toward the voice. The face that belonged to it was a stranger to him, though as always he harboured a small hope when meeting new people, did this one know who he was? Did they know why there seemed to be no record of his existence before that fateful night?

"Yes... and you are?" he asked, shifting his belongings closer to himself and motioning to the chair opposite for the stranger to sit in. It was a younger man, old enough to be his son if he came right down to it. But there was something about the eyes and an inflexion in the voice that seemed familiar. He mentally shrugged it aside, he often had this feeling, of almost catching a memory but finding out time and time again that the memory was gone through his fingers like water. Uncatchable.

"Are you in need of legal consult?" he prompted, returning to sip his coffee as he studied this newcomer and awaited his answer.

PM
^
 Posted: May 23 2017, 01:02 AM
15 posts
27 years old
N/A
© Skid
N/A

Chris stared at Cole, he was pretty sure his jaw was on the ground. Honestly, so far from San Francisco he hadn't thought he would be seeing many allies from their past but the last person he would have ever expected to see was Cole Turner. His whole family tended to err on the belief that Cole was dead. Guess he wasn't.

However, he also didn't seem to be in a particularly antagonistic mood, and there was something...off about his manner.

All of this flooded through Chris' mind in a minute and the next thing he registered was Cole inviting him to sit, asking if he needed legal council.

Chris edged forward to approach the seat and spoke while he moved, he didn't sit if Cole ended up being hostile. The possibility was all too real given the family history with him.

"I...Uh...no I don't need legal council. I'm Chris Halliwell. We've never met but you were married to my Aunt Phoebe...."
PMEmail
^
coleridge bruce turner
 Posted: May 23 2017, 11:53 PM
8 posts
N/A years old
N/A
© Weaver
N/A

Shocked into silence would be the best way to describe Cole's reaction to that moment. Something about the name Phoebe shook him to the core, and yet he couldn't tell anyone what she looked like, how she sounded, felt, smelled.... couldn't remember anything about their life together. But here in front of him was living, breathing, talking proof that it was true, and on some instinctive, unconscious level he knew it.

Pheobe.

He had been married to her. Had loved her... still did.

How strange it was to know you loved someone, but not remember a single thing about them. They say the soul remembers, Cole could only say now that he knew it to be true.

Cole didn't know what to say, where did he start? This man was her nephew, so she had... brothers? sisters? at least one, perhaps more. Was she still alive? did she... they have kids of their own? would she still want him? did she think he was dead? questions flooded through his mind like a torrent and he stared, mouth open as he tried to form words together into some sort of sense.

"So...so... Pheobe. Is your aunt?" a stupid, inane question, but it was a start. Perhaps once the other man started talking things would fall into place and he could form a more coherent one.
PM
^
 Posted: May 29 2017, 04:40 PM
15 posts
27 years old
N/A
© Skid
N/A

"Yeah...yeah she is. I'm Piper...and Leo's youngest. " Chris hesitated saying more, Cole had been an enemy before. Still, something seemed off with him and Chris couldn't ignore the curiosity that was driving him to find out what it was. Curiosity might have killed the cat but it was a witches greatest tool.

Chris took the chair that he had been offered, quickly ordering a coffee from the passing waitress. If Cole wasn't jumping to attack him he might as well get caffeinated and have a discussion with his former (technically, sort of) uncle.

"You...Cole I'm sorry if this seems rude but what happened to you and why are you here? You keep popping in and out of my family's lives and if this is going to be another bit of trouble then I really have to warn you to stay away from my Aunt Phoebe. She has been through enough lately. We all have."

Chris didn't want to have to lay on the tough guy act but he really hated seeing his family take on more than they deserved to handle at one time.
PMEmail
^
coleridge bruce turner
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 11:10 PM
8 posts
N/A years old
N/A
© Weaver
N/A

The names were familiar somehow, but he couldn't tell the man what they looked like, or how he knew them. He knew nothing more than what he had just then been told. He had been married to Pheobe, Either Piper or Leo was her sibling, and this was their son. He could also see that something about this situation was making the other young man nervous. He seemed a little anxious, a tone in his voice, a shifting of the eyes in a certain way. He had always been good at noticing these small tells in people, something that had helped him become the successful lawyer he now was. But part of being a Lawyer was also noticing things and not mentioning them, instead, using them to advantage. So he stored that information away and continued instead with his questions, trying to both get information and not scare the young man off.

His defensive words only served to confuse him more, obviously, things had not gone well between him and Phoebe, though he couldn't now deny that he loved her still, despite not recalling her face, her voice or her touch. It was a whisper of recognition and memory, something that when he reached out for more, vanished like a whisp of fog.

"I don't mean any trouble, " he replied matter of factly. Sometimes honesty was the best policy. " A few years back I found myself naked at the front door of Emergency, no memory of who I am, who I was. Even now I only remember certain things. I've looked everywhere I can look legally but I can't find anything about who I was... am.. about me."

He waited to watch, ready to jump up to stop Chris from running away from the crazy person.

"You're the first person I've met ... in years that seems to have a clue about who I am"
PM
^
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 08:40 PM
15 posts
27 years old
N/A
© Skid
N/A

Chris blinked rapidly in disbelief at the story that Cole had just told him. Living life as a regular John Doe - except Cole obviously knew his name and what public record had told him so he wasn't really clueless, he just didn't have the memory of being someone before...whatever had happened.

Something in the way Cole looked at him, and spoke, rang true for Chris. He didn't want to believe the man (ex-demon, and source) but he couldn't deny that weirder things had happened and...and Cole had loved his family. As with all demons it was occasionally a weird and twisted love but it wasn't a lie.

Chris sank back in his chair, gratefully accepting his coffee when the waitress passed by, it was hard to digest this.

"So...you don't know who you are," Chris said. He wanted it to be a question but it really wasn't. "You don't remember my mom or my aunt, or anyone else? And you don't remember...ahh...you don't remember being a...fuck this is going to sound weird, but you don't remember being a demon?" There it was, the cat was out of the proverbial bag, if Cole had no memory of magic than Chris had just broken a cardinal rule. But he needed Cole to remember because for the first time in a really long time his family may finally have a shot at coming out on top.
PMEmail
^
coleridge bruce turner
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 01:59 AM
8 posts
N/A years old
N/A
© Weaver
N/A

Cole's coffee returned to the tabletop with a clunk and he pushed his chair back from the table with the raucous screech of metal on concrete. It was official, this guy... whoever he was, was crazy. He didn't know him at all, all of this was just some delusion, or fairy story... or trick meant to con him out of whatever money he had to his name.

"Well... Ah... it was nice meeting you..." He stammered out as he prepared to make a quick exit. Demon's indeed!

Maybe it was meant to be a figure of speech... perhaps something he had done in his past had been... demonic, evil, bad... that might go a ways toward explaining his memory loss. His psychiatrist had said that sometimes this sort of thing happened to block out memories of bad deed's that the mind couldn't deal with.

That thought made him hesitate, had he done something horrible to this boy's family, to his Aunt Phoebe?

The next words spoken would determine the next move he made, fight or flight. Instinct was something never forgotten.

(OOC) Sorry for the slow reply, the biggest sale of the year just started at work and things have been hectic.
PM
^
 Posted: Jul 3 2017, 10:43 PM
15 posts
27 years old
N/A
© Skid
N/A

Chris sensed he had lost Cole when he said that last bit, so he decided to back track, "Wait, wait, if you are having memory trouble then maybe it would be good for you to see my aunt. I can give you her number and if you decide you would like to know more about your past she could fill you in. She might be a little...actually I don't know how she'll react Cole. We all thought you might not be alive. I'm starting to realize I'm just dumping information on you!" Chris realized he was rambling and trailed off. On the one hand he didn't feel like he should feel bad for Cole. That demon did a lot of crap to his family. On the other hand though, this guy was obviously human, memory-less, and out of his element and Chris was just throwing his unremembered past at him. Maybe Cole wasn't the answer to his problems but he wouldn't know until his memories came back, if they did at all.

OOC: No! Sorry for not replying! I've been pretty busy myself.
PMEmail
^
coleridge bruce turner
 Posted: Jul 12 2017, 11:23 PM
8 posts
N/A years old
N/A
© Weaver
N/A

Cole considered his words for a moment, remaining standing while he toyed with his options. After a few tense moments he came to a decision and voiced his opinion.

"Perhaps you should give me your number, and ask her first if she'd be willing to see me. That way... it should be less of a shock and i'm less likely to get things thrown at me, or drinks dumped in my lap." He managed an uneasy smile at his last comment, not knowing anything about this woman other than her name, he couldn't be sure if those sorts of things were in her character or not.

However it was better safe than sorry. He reached into his pocket,
"Well here is my card, you can reach me any time on that number" he offered the business card to the young man. Waiting to see if he would accept.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

skinned by lauz @ shine.