oliver redfield
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 09:10 PM
16 posts
355 years old
Undecided
© Khoua
N/A

-------------------------
It was a known fact that Demons did not like humans. They found them weak, pathetic and outright repulsive most of the time. There were those that saw the merit in pushing past that sort of mind set. People like Oliver who had no real interested in helping them per say but worked in the human world. As a cop he had access to things that made bumping off competitors and witches quite a bit easier. It was due to that fact he found himself working this case that he found sort of mundane. Threats against a senators life? Get in line, who didn't want to off a politician in this environment?

Oliver sat in his squad car going over some of the files. The victim was your run of the mill politician - that was to say that his file was long. Stuff that was all dismissed or he could not be tied to but still kept in record. He wasn't happy with just the vic's profile though so he dug up what he could on the intern as well. What they had on her seemed clean enough not to arouse suspicion of mischief so he sort of wrote her off early. Yet even with that judgement made he still had to figure out what she might know. Oliver dropped his coffee into the holder and sighed - it was probably going to be another long weekend.

As he entered the building he noticed everyone staring. He got used to all eyes on him when entered considering that he was six foot five and a solid wall of muscle. Most people found his intense gaze and size intimidating which he often used to his advantage. It took him a moment to flag down someone to talk to as they seemed busy fending off reporters circling a story. They were like vultures and it was something he found amusing. Much like demons humans had a tendancy to sensationalize and use a death to advance their own agenda's.

Removing his badge from his belt he held it up for the woman at the desk to see. "Detective Redfield, LAPD, I'm looking for Elizabeth Halls." he finished giving the whole spiel. Maybe for once this would go smoothly and he wouldn't have to run someone down. Those days were the worst simply because they brought out the demon in him. He needed this one alive to finish the case - especially because she had done nothing wrong to his knowledge.

tag: Elizabeth Halls
count: notes:
spenny
PM
^
elizabeth christine halls
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 12:35 PM
45 posts
25 years old
straight
© Alicia
N/A

Beth had been upset since the attack that took place a couple of weeks ago. A demon ambushed the car the senator and a small group of his team, including her, were traveling in. The incident took place in broad daylight, in the middle of a busy street, and left a couple of innocents injured. People labeled it as a murder attempt against the lawmaker. If it had been a human who did it, then Beth would have agreed. But it wasn’t. It had been a demon who wanted to off one half of the Ultimate Power.

The attack also marked the first time the blonde witch faced the consequences of having a double life. As soon as she had gotten out of the car, she ran to a nearby alley so the demon followed her. She had figured it was the best way to avoid exposure. Her co-workers saw her run. They all labeled it as her reaction to the stressful event. Beth was safe… for now. But her psyche was troubled. She was constantly lying about why she ran, what she did and what she saw. While her exterior seemed cool, her interior was scared that she’d be outed at any given second.

She was sitting at her desk, finishing some paperwork, when another intern called out her name. Apparently, there was a detective asking for her. The witch let out a sigh before heading to the area where she was told the man was at. She had figured it would only be a matter of time before someone came with follow-up questions.

The sight of the man who asked for her was intimidating and she tried to not focus on that as she approached him. ”Hello. I’m Elizabeth Halls.” She said, extending out her hand for the detective to shake. ”What can I do for you, detective?”

•FOR OLIVER•
PM
^
oliver redfield
 Posted: Jan 2 2018, 05:17 PM
16 posts
355 years old
Undecided
© Khoua
N/A

When the first girl called for Elizabeth he nodded his head in thanks. At least he was lucky enough that he did not have to go chasing her down. In most cases he had to play bounty hunter and figure out where his informants were. Now he just had to decide what exactly he wanted to ask her. While there were some pretty standard lines of questioning they often did not get results. This was an attack on a senator and so he could imagine that people were not so ready to share details. Scandals like that often got quieted and investigated privately by some overpriced goon.

As she introduced herself he made a few quick notes about her for later. Outwardly he could not tell if she was shaken at all. A man gets attacked and she seemed to be handling it alright for someone caught in the cross fire. Then again some people just did not process the stress of such an event right away. He admired how well she seemed to be handling it on the outside. As a demon it showed strength of character to him that she could bounce back from such a thing. It also made him curious about her, about whether or not everything was as it seemed. From the initial investigation he knew it was not a normal attack, there were scorch marks. Humans didn't often survive demons without help.

"Miss Halls," He replied in acknowledgement as he took her hand and shook it firmly. Oliver held eye contact for a moment before pressing on with it. "Detective Oliver Redfield, LAPD. Just have to ask you a few follow-up questions about the incident so we can work on closing the book on it." Though he was pretty certain it would never be solved. This was not the place to discuss any of this though and so he glanced around for a moment making it obvious. Oliver cleared his throat and gestured past her towards the offices in the back. "Is there somewhere more private we can do this? Some of the details should remain private." Just in case whoever hired the demons were lurking in office.

If she started to lead him to that quiet place he would follow but keep talking as the moved. "You were with the Senator in the vehicle when it was attacked, correct?" A question asked to confirm her location. If she was in the car then that meant she was in the direct fire of the demons. This also meant that she managed to escape their assault and put him on guard. "How exactly did you escape the ambush of two professional hitmen?" His brow raised as he asked the question.

spenny
PM
^
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 12:24 AM
45 posts
25 years old
straight
© Alicia
N/A

Beth knew that the police would come in at some point. An attack on a senator didn’t happen regularly and she was sure that they would put their best detectives on the case. She knew that keeping her story straight was the best thing for her to do. For the past couple of days, she had rehearsed in front of a mirror, telling over and over again how she ran away from the car after they let them out and then hid in a nearby alley. It was simple and easy to remember.

As the detective’s eyes looked around the room, Beth knew that he wanted a private place for them to talk. She had already located an empty conference room when he voiced his concern out loud. “Sure. Follow me." She guided him to the quiet area, and closed the door behind them. The gaze of her co-workers remained on the pair and the young witch knew that she’d have to face the crowd as soon as Detective Redfield left the premises. ”Would you like some coffee?” She asked and gestured to the fresh pot that one of the secretaries had prepared less than an hour ago.

"You were with the Senator in the vehicle when it was attacked, correct?”

“That’s correct.” She confirmed, giving him a small smile as she poured some of the precious hot liquid in her mug. His next question made her shake her head. How had she survived exactly? ”Luck, detective.” And magic, but she couldn’t say that. ”I honestly have no idea. All I know is that something hit the vehicle very hard, we stopped, the security people pulled us out of the car and there was another sound… almost like an explosion.” And then she noticed what was really happening. It was a demon attack and it was going straight for her. An involuntary shudder went through her as she remembered that part. She had been fighting demons most of her life, but it was always that first contact that got her. Seeing the pure evil in their eyes, their murderous instinct kicking in just as her survival one decided to fight back.

She went quiet, taking a small sip of her coffee as she waited for his next question. Beth had learned long ago that it was better to never give more than what the other person had asked for. She was also curious as to how the police was piecing the case together and the detective's question would give her some insight on that.

•FOR OLIVER•
PM
^
oliver redfield
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 01:18 PM
16 posts
355 years old
Undecided
© Khoua
N/A

For a second he stared in disbelief at how easy that was. Normally even when they had nothing to hide they hesitated a little more than she did. Just how often did this sort of thing happen and it didn't get reported? Either that or she had seen some things in life that allowed her to be unphased. As they passed the coffee he shook his head. While he was not an impolite man he did seem to be quite to the point and disciplined when it came to ignoring distractions. Once all was quiet he took a seat only after she did. He still was not truly sure what to think of her yet but he was working on it.

His face showed that he was dissatisfied with her answer as it was. "I don't really believe in luck Miss Halls. There has to be some reason that the Senator is alive and you as well." But he could not quite connect the dots. The only thing that was for certain was that he was not going away until this was solved. The precinct even saw fit to assign him to watch the Senator for a week or two to ensure that a second attempt was not made. Stake out was never really that interesting but it was what it was. "The explosion I can confirm was from a small hand held weapon, most likely a grenade. Luckily it went off prematurely. A few minutes later and I am sure neither of you would have made it out." He explained - yet he knew it was probably an energy ball.

Question was why would demons want a Senator bumped off. Did he owe them something that he was trying to skip out on? Was the Senator a witch perhaps? He was not crossing off the possibility that Elizabeth had something to do with all of this either. It just seemed more likely that for now he confirmed whether or not the Senator was or not for sure. Oliver looked through some notes for a second as if to confirm something before moving on with more questioning. "After the security pulled you from the vehicle where exactly did you go? There are no eye witness accounts that explain how the two men just vanished from the scene. I would also like to add that you are not a suspect, we are just missing some evidence." The last part was added so that he might prevent her from getting a lawyer involved.

Something else of note to him was that she seemed to know this game. She kept busy with her coffee and only answered exactly what was asked. While that was not uncommon by now he recognized when someone wasn't saying something. The problem was that he didn't want to make any accusations until he had something more substantial to go on.

"Can you think of anyone who would want to hurt your boss?" He asked but that was probably a list longer than those who did not.

spenny
PM
^
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 11:40 PM
45 posts
25 years old
straight
© Alicia
N/A

Beth could tell that he was a very detail-oriented person, most likely very good at his job due to that fact. Her instincts, however, said there was something different about him. She couldn’t put her finger on it. Her telepathy could help figure it out, but she didn’t want to use it. Before the attack, her rule was that her life in the workplace was separate from her Ultimate Power one. She had only broken her rules when it was a life or death situation.

The use of the word ‘grenade’ caught her attention. It had been an energy ball. Her eyes saw it. But there was something shocking about the idea that someone would use an explosive as a weapon. Beth Halls could handle demons, warlocks or alternate realities. Human weapons, however, terrified her.

"I’m sure some of my co-workers have already said this, but I fled the scene… I panicked and hid in a nearby alley. Never saw the men.” Only when they followed her and vanquished them. Beth had received two hits from the demons. One in her abdomen and one in her arm, but they were healed by her whitelighter. The rest of injuries obtained in the car remained in her body because people would definitely ask questions if she didn’t get some scrapes and bruises. ”I know I’m not a suspect. You want this solved as much as everyone here.” It was true. The security team was working overtime to figure everything out.

“Can you think of anyone who doesn’t want to hurt a politician, detective?” She shot back, giving him a small smile. "I'd like to be able to give you a list, but I don't think neither of us has the time."

•FOR OLIVER•
PM
^
oliver redfield
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 11:52 AM
16 posts
355 years old
Undecided
© Khoua
N/A

There had been a lot of reports surrounding this and he had to sift through them. Most of it was nonsense that the human brain created to make sense of the stress. This ambush was almost in line with something you would see in the military. Obviously he could not lead with the fact that they were hit by an energy ball. He wasn't about to reveal what he was to her - not unless he wanted to kill her. "Try not to focus on that detail. It won't do you any good now." Which was the absolute truth even if it sounded incredibly insensitive to say to someone going through this.

A nearby alley way? That was a detail that he did not have here in front of him. Perhaps one of the rookies skipped out on recording something. A sigh escaped his lips as he flipped through some pages in a book before him on the table. Oliver hated being unprepared, a fact he would make clear when he got back to the precinct. Trying to regain control of his composure, he folded his hands and put them on the table. "Alright that is a useful detail. I was unaware of the escape into the alley. You say you never saw them? So the two men did not pursue you at all? A witness to an assault on an important figure." When said aloud that sounded like an accusation which he did not truly mean.

This job was going to be a hard one because he knew what had happened her for the most part. Problem was he had to stick around anyway in case there was another attempt. Oliver was pretty sure they were not going to bother trying again - especially once they saw his face. After a botched job like this they would have sent a demon to assess the situation and by now they'd have seen his face. This meant the only job remaining for him was to figure out which one of them was the witch and remove them from the board. If he could do that then this tiresome job ended and he could go back to the usual.

"You're probably right. This is the wrong way to go about it. In either case they are going to have me hang around for a while until we can guarantee his safety." He explained as he looked at the time on his watch. It was nearing lunch and he was usually always punctual. He looked at Elizabeth with a slightly raised brow, "You wouldn't happen to be hungry, would you?" The question seemed incredibly random. Sometimes the best way to get the information you needed was not seeking it out intentionally. "There is this amazing restaurant I like up town. My treat, might be nice to know more about who I am working with here." Which was actually the truth since he preferred to know everything about everyone around him.

spenny
PM
^
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 06:48 PM
45 posts
25 years old
straight
© Alicia
N/A

Beth knew there was a media frenzy surrounding the attack. Journalists were trying to piece together who did it and why before the police gave an official version. After all, it wasn’t every day that a senator was targeted and lived to tell the story. All the speculation around it probably put more pressure on the authorities. She felt bad for not telling the truth, for not explaining that she was the one they were after because she was a witch. But alas, it wasn’t possible. Exposing magic could be too dangerous. It would also mean the end of life as she knew it.

“I thought I wasn’t a suspect, detective. For what its worth, I don’t think they saw me.” Lie. Everybody saw her getting out the car. She even kicked off her heels to run faster. It had been a stupid move considering the filth on the street, but Beth knew that the shoes provided a disadvantage. The Halliwells had called her out on using the ‘death traps’ several times. They were right. It was too dangerous when an attack took place. At any other time, however, they were the correct professional attire. Beth refused to wear anything else.

When Detective Redfield said he was staying around, Beth wasn’t sure how to feel about it. He had not pointed his finger at her yet. But with her being a witness, knowing “nothing" and coming unharmed from the deadly attack, she had a feeling it would only be a matter of time before he started to ask harder questions.

His talk about lunch caught her off guard. ”Actually…” She could tell where this was going. He’d take her out someplace and expect her to say something relevant. Wasn’t that how it worked in television shows? Beth wasn’t sure how to politely decline, but something told her to tag along. It was a way to keep him off her back. ”So, we’re partners now?” She asked playfully, giving him a small smile. "Sure. Lead the way.” And with that, the blonde took a final sip from the cup in her hand and got up.

•FOR OLIVER•
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

skinned by lauz @ shine.